WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Friday, January 25, 2008

Ready to Run

Last night I saw "Spirit of the Marathon" which followed the story of 6 runners preparing for the Chicago Marathon. Beautifully shot, completely cool, totally inspiring! One of the neatest things was being surrounded by all these strangers watching the movie too, laughing at the same things I found humorous, because they "get it" too!

So I think I'm ready to get back in the saddle, and I'm more convinced than ever that I will be ready to rock that half marathon in May! I ran my 3 three-milers this week, so I'm back on track and ready to start training in February and start building up that mileage. I have a clear to do so from the physical therapist, but I go back in March, just to see how things are progressing.

Man oh man, I miss those long, slow runs on Sundays. Unfortunately, I haven't run outside for 2 weeks. I miss the road! I miss the outdoors. And yep, I do miss running those longer distances. I am pretty excited to start training. But I promise to follow doctor's orders and take it slow & easy. I think the weather will be decent enough to run outside this Sunday, and I'd love to throw down 5 miles, but I would surely pay for it afterwards. Just another 3 on Sunday is what I'm planning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Half marathon count-down is getting serious...