WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Monday, January 28, 2008

Gym complaint

Okay, so this story may get lost in translation. But here's what happened to me at the gym today. I'm working away on the elliptical, minding my own business when this guy approaches the girl who had been on the elliptical next to me for about 15 minutes and says something to her. Then he taps me on the arm (and mind you, I'm listening to my MP3 player) so I shut it off and he says "are you going to be much longer?" I don't mind this too much I guess, but his tone wasn't very nice. So I said, well I've got about another 10 minutes. He just looks at me. So I said, is that okay? And he said, no, not really but you're already on it now. Then he walks away. He didn't ask anyone else on any of the other ellipticals. Hmmmm.... And there are plenty of treadmills, and the other type of elliptical machines, and the bikes available.

Yes, I did 45 minutes today, but I've been in there when there were zero machines available and I either a) chose the bike which I hate or b) politely waited knowing any minute someone would get off. Now, if there had not been any cardio equipment available, I would most likely cut my workout short and only gone 30 minutes, even if no one had approached me. So, I'm not a machine hog!! And there is no rule posted that says limit your time to 30 minutes (I've belonged to some gyms where this is the case). I couldn't believe this guy. And the girl next to me - we just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. What a goober!

No comments: