WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Monday, July 7, 2008

Why, oh why, did I sign up for another half marathon?

I know, I know. I'm a worry wort.

I doubled up the workouts yesterday so I could take today as a rest day. Mainly because it's Monday, and I knew it would be a crazy day. Time management is a little difficult these days and I'm finding it stressful trying to fit in all parts of life required in the short 24 hours each day.

So I'm worried about the half marathon I signed up for. I'm worried mostly about the time commitment that comes with the longer runs. I'm worried that I'll do WORSE on my time instead of better on my time. You know, I'm always after that PR. I'm worried that I'm out of shape (I am by my own standards, but it's all relative). I'm worried that the half in May was just a fluke, and that I'll totally flop in October. You'd think I'd be all confident since I've done it before. But the truth is, I HAVE done it before, so I KNOW how much it sucks, uh i mean, how far it is. 13.1 is a haul, folks, let me tell ya... I'm worried my shin will not allow me to do the race. I'm worried about the hills on the course. I'm worried there won't be as much "rah rah" as there was at the Mini and I'll be out there on the course alone, sucking wind, no one to cheer me on. I'm worried there'll only be "real runners" at this one (since everyone & their dog does the Mini) and I'll finish last, or at least right in front of all the walkers on the course. I'm worried that it is way too early to be worrying so much. I'm worried that I am lacking so much confidence that CLEARLY should be present given my performance in May.

2 comments:

SueBob said...

Congrats on registering for your next half! I am sure you will do fine...so stop worrying so much.

Oh, and TAG...tell everyone 6 random facts about yourself. Check out my last blog entry for the rules.

JOJIT said...

Hi Jen, I founf your blog through RW. So I hope you don't mind if I kind of put my 2 cents in about your situation. I say "enough of the worry and just run the 1/2 the best way you can." Right now I think, "you are your own worst enemy." That's just me though!