WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Monday, July 14, 2008

The latest & greatest frustrations

So here's the scoop. First, I actually ran more than my usual 3 miles yesterday which felt amazing. I feel so out of shape, but I think a lot of it is the HEAT, which I still haven't adjusted to. I officially start my half marathon training in 2 weeks, so right now I'm training to get my butt in shape to start training! That's just pathetic!

I'm getting a little excited about getting back to those long runs, and running another half. I finally realized and will admit that I definitely, definitely, definitely NEED to be signed up for some type of running event to keep motivated. The down time after the first half was killer. I think I was almost depressed. It was the craziest thing.

And lastly, this "weight loss ticker" at the top of the page is pissing me off. I've been stuck at this weight forever. It's no big mystery, though... I'm cheating on my diet like there's no tomorrow. I'm actually amazed at the crap I can eat and not gain a thing. I tend to go for a week or 2 eating everything in sight, then realize I need to reign it in, so I'll be good for a few days, but then I slip back into it. I've just been training so hard, and eating right (meaning STRICT) for so much of the last year, that I guess I'm a little "over" it. But I am so, so close to my goal weight now, that I just need to commit to one last push. It's not about the number on the scale, believe me! When I was this weight before, I wore 2 sizes bigger than I wear now. So I am definitely leaner, more muscle mass, less fat. But I just want to shred off the last little bit of blubber, and be just a little lighter (leading to faster running???). So let's buckle down and do this thingy already!! And then we can take the ticker off the site, for goodness sakes!!!

2 comments:

SueBob said...

I actually think that it is pretty common to be a little depressed after a big race (marathon, half, etc)...not that I would know yet...

JOJIT said...

1st of all, it seems like the running bug have bitten you and make you a run addict. Secondly, I can relate to your weight loss problem. That is why you don't see any ticker on my blog. What's worse than that ticker being stuck is when that ticker is going the other way!