WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Running in the heat

This morning it was nice & cool for my 4 mile run. A welcome relief from the recent heat & humidity. I ran a LOT faster with a LOT less effort this morning, and I gotta say, the run was much more enjoyable. I am just not cut out for running in the heat. I struggled with it last summer, too, but this year I am starting my half marathon training during the hottest time of the year. Great planning.

Anyway, I realized this morning just how much the heat had been affecting me. I was beginning to think that I was really out of shape!! I guess if it was like this year round, I would eventually adapt. But it's not, and I'm not adjusting well, and it stinks! And I'll be darned if I'm going to be stuck on the treadmill all summer!!!

No comments: