WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy New Year! Happy New PR!

Just did the New Year 5K and you guessed it... I broke my old record! uh, by almost 3 minutes. Rock N Roll!

I was aiming for 32 minutes and squeezed in just under at 31:38. I had to go across 3 wooden foot bridges that had some ice on them so that slowed me down. The worse part was, after I crossed said bridges, my shoes were a little slippery so I was slowed down for even longer. The course was a little hilly which I'm not used to, and there was one monster hill near the end that just about killed me!

I used my Garmin and it really helped. I was able to keep an eye on my pace so I knew when I needed to pick up the pace and also when I was just going way too fast. Also, it told me when I was getting close to the finish and needed to really put it into overdrive. bbrrrrr... it was a chilly 29 this morning, but fortunately little wind which helped.

What a way to finish the year! I shaved 8 minutes off my 5K time in 2007. How awesome is that? At some point, my improvements will slow down. I was thinking about setting a goal for a sub-30 5K in 2008, but after today's race I think I'll go with a sub-28 minute 5K goal. There is no question in my mind that I'll break 30 minutes in early 2008, so the 28 minute goal should be more of a challenge for me.

Running into the New Year...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome dudette! You are making consistent progress in your times.
I still can't believe you are going to run a Mini. C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

Jen said...

Thanks bro! So, are the one that voted for eating the live worms? eeeeww!

Jenn said...

Congrats on your PR! My goal is to shed 6min off of my 5k time in 2008. At least now I know it can be done! :)