WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

I am so excited that I got this for Christmas.

It's a Garmin Forerunner 305 which will track my time, distance, pace, and heartrate. Very, very cool. I went out and ran with it so I could play with my new toy. Up until now, I really hadn't been timing my runs and my pedometer was acting erratic, so this is going to be awesome. The interesting thing this morning is that I found out that my pace has improved significantly, and I didn't even realize it. Well, I had suspected that I was running faster, but now I have proof!! My average pace was 10:38 (over 3.75 miles) and I thought I was running more of a 11 or 11:30 mile so I am pretty excited. I looked at it when I passed the 3.1 mile mark this morning and I was right at 33 minutes! Yippee! I am really hoping for a time of 32 minutes at the 5K this Saturday, and I think I might pull it off. (My old PR is 34:29 for this distance). Eventually, my goal is to get under 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome gift! I have a feeling you'll easily meet your goal sat! Best of luck!

Sam (simonssez from RWBF)