WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Saturday, December 22, 2007

New Shoes

So like I said yesterday, I found out I was running in the wrong shoes. It's kind of a long story, but suffice it to say that I now I have what I think are the right shoes for me. I only ran 2.7 miles today because I didn't want to overdo in the new shoes. Also, I was running outside and I haven't done that in over a week because of all the snow we had.

My feet had been hurting in all kinds of weird places, so I'm glad I figured out what was going on. Of course, I am always worried about my ankle acting up again, but the big concern right now is my right shin. Apparently this is shin splints but not what I have experienced in the past that has felt like shin splints. I have backed off on the distance a little this week and it seems to be helping. So hopefully, that along with the right shoes will get me back on track.

The timing on this has been ironic too because first of all, I'm not in the half marathon training mode yet, so that's good. Second, this week was so busythat I barely had time to breathe, let alone work out. But this week made me remember what it's like at work during the summer. So, somehow I gotta figure out how to keep up with my training schedule and diet when things get so busy. This is really tough. I know it sounds like an excuse, but there are days when I work from 7 am to 8 or 9 pm and then go right to bed when I get home. Plus I'm so exhausted by the time I get home that all I can do is drag my butt into bed. And running in the morning just ain't happening! I'm not a morning person. Well, I got a few months to figure it out but it is difficult. And then it becomes easier to say, well, let's just eat out tonight because it's easy & quick. But these are all the old habits that created the old body I had. So somehow, someway, someday, I have to (and want to) stick with the new habits even when life gets crazy.

Okay, now I am way off the topic of shoes!

1 comment:

Varner said...

Hello Jen. I found your blog via Runner's World. Looks like you're doing a great job - keep up the good work. I hope the weather cooperates for your Half training. Merry Christmas and Happy Running.