WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Monday, September 29, 2008

Is running contagious? and other random thoughts

First, my daughter, now 2 people at work have started running! Craziness...

My daughter is doing well. She is only doing about a mile each run, but her time has improved drastically and she is at about a 10:00 mile. She said it is getting easier (they always say listen to your mother, right?). Anyway, she did the mile in gym today and it was 12:50! What?!?! The problem is, during her training runs at home, she runs the whole way. At school, she runs with other people and starts out way too fast, then has to walk some of it. She actually admitted that's what happened today, and that she KNEW she was running too fast. So I said, well... then didn't you tell yourself, gee I better slow down? Then there was some discussion about her convoluted theory on getting too fast and then getting a worse grade. Some kind of junior high logic that I didn't quite follow. Still, it's so much fun to see her starting to be able to feel her pace. And her speed... ugh, it's mind blowing. She will very shortly be running too fast for me to keep up with her. Honestly, I hope that she does beat my butt! She is the one person that I feel no need to compete with, and I can honestly be happy in her success :) My husband, on the other hand... it burns my hide that he's passed me up (on speed anyway-- i still got him on distance).

Lastly, on a sad note, my lower back is killing me. I'm not sure what I did, but it's been bothering me off & on since Saturday. It felt better Sunday morning, so I ran my 9.3 miles, and then it started hurting again. Supposed to do 5 some time this week and 11 on Friday, so I really need it to get better. Half marathon is right around the corner!!

1 comment:

SueBob said...

That is so great that you have been such a positive influence on your daughter's healthy lifestyle. I hope she will be a good running buddy for years to come.