WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Monday, September 15, 2008

5 is the new 3?

I just had a pretty nice 5 mile run. I was tired from working all day and was really procrastinating, but I finally forced myself out the door. And thank goodness I did. It was a really nice run. (cooler weather rocks!)

Then I realized that 5 miles feels suspiciously like 3 used to. Hmmm... is "5" my new "3"? Except I can't run 5 miles in 30 minutes. That would be nice. Gosh, I wish I was a lot faster mainly for the fact that longer runs take so darned long! Training for these longer races is just so time consuming, so the thought of finding TIME to train for a marathon some day seems far fetched. Plus, it's kind of a crazy idea, right?

1 comment:

SueBob said...

Of course running a marathon is a crazy idea...otherwise everyone would be doing it. If it wasn't so crazy, it wouldn't be such a huge accomplishment to finish one. I am definitely looking forward to the day that I am crazy enough to get out there and run 26.2 miles - but right now I will focus on the 13.1.

Good luck on your 5K this weekend!