WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A good run...

I had a good run today. Still warm out, but I went out early enough before it got too hot. I've noticed that the mindset that I have when I start my runs dictate what kind of run I'm going to have. Today I knew I was doing 5 miles, and I purposefully kept my pace slow. Actually, a lot a slower pace than I've been training at lately. The other thing I did was keep my pace very even, which I have also not been doing a good job of lately. The spread for the paces of each mile was only a 5 second spread. Pretty steady, I'd say!

This summer, my plan is to train at different paces instead of aiming for the same pace on each run. In addition, I've started some sprints during my strength training sessions, but I'd like to incorporate more on my running days as well. These 2 changes should make a huge difference in my running, in terms of speed, but I think also just in general making me a stronger runner.

1 comment:

SueBob said...

Sometimes I feel like we are constantly adjusting our training plans. Not that it is a bad thing...there is always room for improvement, and you don't want to get stagnant. Anyway, good luck with your tweeks.

Great pacing too...were you using anything (GPS etc) to help with the pacing?