WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Random Thoughts

The weather has been warmer but rainy, dark & depressing. I just cannot wait until spring!

My leg seems to be holding up pretty well. The true test will come in a couple of weeks when I really start increasing the mileage. I'm just never quite sure if I have the right shoes. I'm thinking about going back & get a pair of Nikes as well that I can rotate out with my current shoes. The Asics I have now just seem so loose, and Nike is what I'm used to which is a narrower fit, and I guess I'm used to that snugger feeling. The Asics are also very light, which is supposed to be good thing with running, but somehow I feel like I should have more support. I'm not sure what to do.

I bought a new yoga DVD - Yoga for "Athletes". I felt kinda funny buying it since I definitely do not consider myself an athlete! Anyway, it has stretches specifically for runners. Last night after my run, I did the long program and felt like I really got a good stretch. I think if I did this consistently, it would really help keep the injuries, aches & pains away. My leg was not screaming at me last night (or this morning) so this is a good sign. Maybe I'm on to something!


No comments: