WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Sunday, February 17, 2008

A New Record!

Friday I ran 3.1 around the neighborhood in 30:03!!! I'm allowing myself some slack over the 3 seconds because at the end I had to keep checking my watch to turn it off at exactly 3.1 so that had to slow me down at least 3 seconds, right? I am so thrilled with this time, and know that if it had been a race, I would have made it in under 30.

Okay, so I guess it's time to share some of my New Year's Resolutions...

1. Run a sub 30 5K before the end of February - I'm considering that DONE!
2. Run a sub 28 5K before the end of 2008 - should be able to do this!
3. Run 800 miles in 2008 - ugh! Really?

#3 is a bit agressive. So far this year I've done just over 62 miles. A little low because of coming off injury. But I figured it averages out to 16 miles a week for the rest of the year. I running about 11 a week now, so obviously my weekly total will increase with the training I'm doing now. If I can keep those longer distances up after the Mini is over, I should be able to come close to the goal.

No comments: