WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Saturday, March 15, 2008

5K in under 30!!

Finally under 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot explain how ecstatic I am that I finally broke 30 minutes in the 5K. I placed 3rd in my age group, 20th out of 161 females, and 64th out of 255 overall. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

So despite the fact that I've been a major SLACKER the last 2 weeks, I managed to really pull it out today. I think this was the first time where I didn't look back at the end and think "if only I hadn't slowed down during that one part" or "if only I'd pushed a little harder". I felt like I pushed hard the whole way! But I did have enough left in the tank to sprint at the finish.

Oh, a little side note... not to be picky, picky but my PR times are important to me and this time the timing chip was really wacky. It was a metal thing on the back of the bib and apparently it did not get automatically scanned at the end mat. You had to get manually scanned by one of the volunteers. So if we are going to get really technical about it, I do believe my actually finish time was 4 seconds faster than what I have posted here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on th esub-30 5K! Awesome. Your times continue to improve, which has to be a major motivation. Hmm - I wonder if your "slacking" before this 5K might actually have allowed you to rest up and have good reserves for the actual race?
Cheers.

Adrianne said...

Congrats on your time! I really enjoy reading your blog - helps keep me movitvated. I hope you don't mind but I've added you to my running blog list on my blog http://unathleticrunner.com
Again congrats!

SueBob said...

Congratulations!! That must have felt amazing!! That is one of my goals for the year also, a sub-30 5K. Of course, my current PR is only 33:33 so I have a ways to go...