WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another PR... Really!

I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I ran a 5K this weekend while I was on a mini-vacation out of town. It was a little warmer out than I would have liked and by the end of the race, I thought I might barf. When I reached mile 1, there was a volunteer who called out 8:35. Holy crap, really??? Well, no wonder I was dying! So I slowed down considerably during mile 2. Or at least I think I did. I left my Garmin at home so I was running blind, which was also a little different because I always ALWAYS run with it. Plus I stopped to drink at the 2nd water station and walked for a bit which I never do either! I was HOT! Anyway, during the last mile, I was upset because A) I was convinced I was really bombing and B) I was convinced they had threw in a couple of extra miles without telling us and C) I was mad at myself because I'm a distance runner, not a speedy runner, so why the blazes was I running a 5K??

Needless to say, I struggled with this one but when I reached mile 3 they called out the time again and I realized that if I pushed it, I would PR again. Yes, again! So basically, I have shaved yet another minute off my 5K time. When oh when will the madness end?

(hopefully never)

1 comment:

SueBob said...

WOW is that a sub-29 minute 5K I see listed in your race results? I am so jealous! CONGRATULATIONS and Great Job!!